Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas a la Doha

Marhaba friends and family across the world! Yes its Christmas again, and your probably busy cooking, decorating and enjoying your time off. Here in Doha, our quaint compound is preparing for the traditional Christmas festivities of gingerbread-housing, white-elephanting, and caroling. While we are flitting around trying to get ready, Doha is trying to indulge us. In the grocery stores cheap, oddly colored and not exactly christmasy Christmas ornaments are sold. In one of the malls a Christmas tree so tall you can barely see the top and so bushy you could get lost in it was set up. However, it has only been decorated a third of the way up and with the cheap, oddly colored and not exactly christmasy Christmas ornaments.

We may be far away from you this Christmas but we are thinking of all of you! We are having Christmas in the sand. Its not much of a christmasy Christmas but I guess Christmas is what you make it and how you keep it. So MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!

P.S. I'll try and remember all of you when I'm sitting on the Acropolis looking at the Parthenon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!