After arriving in Piraeus we got some tickets and were well on our way to Aegina by way of the ferry. 
There were some beautiful views leaving the Athens harbor.
When we arrived we snapped a few photos of the indescribable senary...
and then went to get some brunch! Mom found a cute little place that we, at first were a little worried about, but ended up to be one of our favorite experiences in Greece. We were seated on a tiny veranda overlooking the bustling streets and beautiful ocean. Every couple of minutes we would cease our chating and just stare into the horizon. Moments like these are the ones you never want to end. This feeling cannot be described.
We explored some of the back streets, but soon after found Moped renting. Unfortunatly, mother could not ride because she had left her driving license at the house. However, Lissy and I hopped on one, and dad and Abby on the other while mom hiked to a near by temple.
We rushed by sparkling beachs, peered over towering cliffs, enjoyed the cool wind, explored small Greecian neighborhood streets, and admired Aegina in all its glory!!! The views were incomparable, and the feeling of independence incomprehendable.

We Mopeded for approximatly two hours. Then we met up with mom and enjoyed a cappucino and some cokes before boarding the ferry back to Athens. We also bought some worry beads or kompoloi. These are traditional greek passtimes or finger trinkets that are a must buy when visiting Greece. Lissy, Abby and I went for the cheap ones so that we could play with them. However, mother got the expensive coral ones. She says it was a buy out of stress and dissapointment, of course referring to not getting to ride the Moped, and being worried about us on them. When the next ferry arrived we jumped on it and rewinded, ferry then Metro. We ate dinner at the same, pettite taverna that we, all except Elisabeth for we ate her food, enjoyed two days ago. Here is a blurry snapshot of the taverna.
We are here again about to sleep, for we have a full day tomorrow at Sunion, Posiadons temple.
5 comments:
I am so jealous of you! I am sitting at the computer with nothing to do and your days are jam packed with stuff to do. I miss you. How long do you stay here? When do you start school? I wish I had been online earlier, so I could have chatted with you! Well I will send you an email of all I am doing, trust me it will be like two sentences! ;-) Love you!!
-Hannah-
I thought you posted something else?
Hey Miss Roommate in Athens... :-)
I have to get off so I can go inspect the bathroom and make sure you cleaned it satisfactorily...haha. Until later, then.
~Elisabeth
Oh, and I LOVE your blog post (just so you don't think I'm saying something mean).
THATS AWESOME! I loved that picture of the temple that your mom hiked to! it looked so cool! You told me where you ate but you didn't tell me what you ate. I still think it was really cool. So sausage rolls are really hotdogs in croissants? I wonder if the package said made in the U.S. for a change, lol. Piraeus.. never heard of it but it sounds cool, ooh and what type of view did you have when looking out of the window of the Metro? "We were seated on a tiny veranda overlooking the bustling streets and beautiful ocean." It really sounds like something you would read in a story! you should have posted a picture of the 'indescribable' senary! lol.
well I went to lake summerville for New Years... and for Christmas I went to the Ball's yep Athens seems way better! so you had to have a drivers license to drive the Moped? that stinks, but I bet it was still fun! peered over towering cliffs.. wow that would be very frightening to me... I love how your on vacation in Athens and you have a coke. I would love to see a picture of the worry beads! Again I want to know what you ate! lol well I hope you had a wonderful time and sorry for the really long comment but you made a really really long post so hopefully I'm excused a little bit. oh and by the way on your about me post, you didnt put pepperoni rolls as one of your favorite foods!!!!!!!!!!! :(
oh and you put the ' in ya'll in the wrong place lol gotta love you for that one! :) well its a little late.. but MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! I wish I could have gotten you something.
KaT
Post a Comment