Thursday, December 27, 2007

Doricy or Dorky?

We have just completed our first day of touring Athens. Although we have only been here a short time I have already have an interesting theory on columns and our modern day vocabulary.


In order to be well informed on my annalysis, I advise you to first reread the definition of dorky- An insult of ones intelligence ar appearence. In this case, appearence. Now please study the Greecian Doric column in compare to the Greecian Corinthian column.
Doric

Corinthian

So, as you can, i'm sure already tell, there is a relationship between the word doric and dorky. I believe that in ancient greecian times an insult in ones appearance was to call them doricy. This of course, eventually evolved in to our modern day insult, dorky.

See, I can be deep!!!!

P.S. I did figure that out on my own!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Hannah Lee said...

w0w em!! IT seems like you are learning a lot!! =P Love you
Hannah

Anonymous said...

Actually I haven't really learned that much that I didn't know, I just like to seem smart!!!
Em
P.S. Actually I have learned alot, I just wanted to say that.

Unknown said...

lol thats hilarious! I have to admit the contrast in them was quite noticable. lol